Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Faith.

So I am a Christian I have been one for almost 2 years. It has been the best time of my life. Lately I have been feeling like God has been telling me to write bible studies. I always thought that was crazy because I dont know much about the bible. However I love talking in front of people..Mostly. On Friday I did a bible study for my youthgroup, I thought it sucked but everyone else told me it was AWESOME. So i was pretty pleased with myself. Here is the Bible Study and hopefully you can get something out of it. :)


What I did was get 2 kinds of Baby food, Carrot and Banana.
I took off the carrot label because everyone would know what it is because of the colour.
For the banana I covered the label and had everyone guess which made it harder.


You don’t need faith to know that it is carrot.
But The Banana was a bit harder.

What do you think this bible study us about?
this may be a hard question..

Faith..
what is faith?
Ask people what faith is.

the bible says.. in Hebrews 11:1
New International Version (NIV)
11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

New Life Version (NLV)
11 Now faith is being sure we will get what we hope for. It is being sure of what we cannot see.



IF you tell me that ___ IS BEHIND ME I HAVE FAITH because i believe you


IF you tell me  ___ IS IN FRONT I DON’T NEED FAITH BECAUSE I AM CERTAIN because I can see them.

Now I struggle a lot with faith because.. Yeah I believe in Jesus.. But sometimes thing cause me to make me stop believe. And since I can’t see Jesus sometimes I’m not certain of it so I freak out and think about everything. A lot of people didn’t need to see Jesus because they just had faith. For Example..

Read Hebrews.. 11
Learn About..

Cain and Abel
Enoch
Noah
Abraham And many others.


As A Christian I felt horrible about not having faith because most Christians do. However I also learned that some people didn’t have faith at times.

Matthew 14:22-33 Peter walking on water..
Even though peter could see Jesus walking on water he still needed action… our faith demands action. In the bible it says that God gave every good man a measure of faith. So we all have faith but sometimes it seems like it’s not there. Well you can fix that by taking action! So what is the action we need to take to build our faith? Well We can read the bible. Romans 10:11 says “Faith comes from hearing the message and the message comes from Christ.” 


So, I’m going to put everyone into groups and give you a story and some questions.



Abraham
Genesis: 22.

-Why do you think that God tested Abraham?
-If you were Isaac how might you have felt from the time Abraham raised the knife to the time god provided the lamb as a substitute?
-I told you that you can read the bible to build your faith, what are some other ways you can develop and maintain a strong faith?

 


Noah
Genesis: 6-7:4.

What are two examples of mankind’s evil that made God upset in this chapter? And how do we see the same problems today? What does this say about mankind?
-Why do you think that what God told Noah to do seemed so unbelieveable to Noah?
- I told you that you can read the bible to build your faith, what are some other ways you can develop and maintain a strong faith?

 


Daniel
Daniel Chapter: 6

In your life have you ever experienced God in the midst of a “Lions Den”?
Did Daniel change his habits after the law was passed? Why or why not? And what would you do if the same law was passed today?
-I told you that you can read the bible to build your faith, what are some other ways you can develop and maintain a strong faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment